Saturday, December 12, 2009

It's cold. It was about 10 degrees F this morning, and the wind is just howling. I cleaned out the woodstove in the living room, so we have a cozy spot to sit, play Scrabble, watch movies.
We went to dinner in Portland at Street & Co. which was really excellent. The menu is ONLY fish - pretty bold! - done beautifully. Simple and perfect. Nice wine list, too.

Less than two weeks til Christmas. This year, I have a service to play on Christmas Eve as well as one on Christmas morning! I'll need to be better organized than usual in order to avoid uber-stress. Is there anything worse than a frantic holiday? I don't think so.

I'm glad that there's snow on the ground. It doesn't feel festive if there is no snow. It would be wonderful to be able to go cross-country skiing on the 26th, to have a nice, calm day out in nature.

No comments: